I found a little bit of time to work on Lazy-K Gallery, so I’m releasing version 1.2. Here’s what I’ve worked on:
- Prettied up the thumbnail view and cleaned up CSS
- Changed the way thumbnail sizes are calculated to improve layout
- Added ability to show filenames on thumbnail and slide pages
- Provided ability to link (or not link to) full-size images
- Cleaned up admin page
- Added confirmation before restoring default options
Take a look at the options page, since I’ve added a few features you might want to consider.
I’d recommend taking a look at your thumbnail size, since I’ve changed the layout of the thumbnail pages. I thought the thumbnails page looked the best when all thumbnails are the same height, regardless of whether the photos are landscape or portrait mode. Personally, I now use 200 x 80 as my thumbnail size. I’d recommend that you change your thumbnail size, delete all your thumbnail folders, and let them rebuild (for the best results). Sorry I don’t have an automated way of clearing those thumbnails yet. If I release a script that deletes that many files, I want to make sure it’s working perfectly.
For those of you concerned with bandwidth, you can now stop linking to the full-resolution images.
Once again, if anyone has any suggestions for improvement, feel free to share.